Monday, February 20, 2012

God is like TOM-TOM

Hello,

My computer cord was bent all to pieces.
Last week it decided it had had enough.

So I ordered a new cord.  

It took a while to get to my house.

But now I have it, and I can write again.

God is like TOM-TOM.

Do you have a GPS for your car?  I do not, and I do not want one, but I am sure at some point that I will have no choice.  

Oz has one.

I'm more the map type.  I regularly carry a map of the cities that surround me AND a map of the state I live in.  

I have also been known to carry around a map of the United States.

Because you never know when you might need that thing.

It is good to be able to have a big picture of where you are going, what obstacles may be in your way (ie, small towns with excessively slow speed limits) what cross roads are near where you are turning and what major intersection will mark the "I've gone too far and need to turn around" point.

Maps are great.  One can really get a full picture of where one has been and where one is going.

God is like that sometimes.

He's especially like that when it comes to the important things.

But lately God has been a TOM-TOM.

You probably know how the TOM-TOM is.  TOM-TOM has ALL the information in his little box like body.  TOM-TOM knows exactly where to turn, TOM-TOM gives directions as you need them, TOM-TOM can even tell you how fast you are going in the small towns with excessively slow speed limits.

BUT TOM-TOM NEVER GIVES YOU THE WHOLE PICTURE!!!!!

The TOM-TOM infuriates me sometimes, but I have learned that the TOM-TOM is rarely incorrect.
I have leaned that I can trust the TOM-TOM to give me highly accurate directions that get me where I need to go. 


God has been like TOM-TOM lately.

For the life of me, I cannot get the big picture of what he is trying to do in my life.

I only know that I can't seem to get any long range views of anything.

God has allowed me to see only one turn ahead (if that).

 He has never given me inaccurate directions or accidentally steered me over a cliff.

I am learning to trust Him even when the way seems uncertain to me.

God has all the information, the whole map inside his brainy mind.

It infuriates me that sometimes he won't just unfold the whole map for me to look at, but I know he is not going to guide me off course.






No comments:

Post a Comment