Monday, February 27, 2012

God, Can I have a Waffle?

Sometimes praying is like talking to someone on a cell phone when they are in a basement, or a building made of cinder block or in a dreaded dead zone.

You know, you talk and you can't hear the person on the other end.
So you don't know if they can hear you.

I had a conversation with Oz like that tonight.

I was at the local grocery store and he called me.  I could hear him loud and clear.

But the giant grocery store bunker type walls wouldn't let my voice out.

So I heard this:

"Will you get me some waffles?  Can you hear me?
Will you get me some waffles?
I can't hear you, so if you can hear me will you get me some waffles?
Okay, I hope you can hear me."

Of course I was on the other end of the phone hearing everything just fine.
Laughing and thinking, "I'll get your waffles." 
But this is how I feel sometimes when I pray.

Can you hear me God?  If you can hear me can you help me with______?
Okay, I know you can help me with _________, I'll talk with you later.
Okay, Amen.

But when I stop to think about it, I wonder if God heard my request.  'Cause there could be dead zones or God might be in a cinder block heavenly building or something.

And sometimes I wonder if He can hear me.

All the while God is probably laughing thinking; I can hear you just fine.
I hear your request and it's as easy for me to get it to you as it is for you to get waffles for Oz.

And that's true.




No comments:

Post a Comment