Monday, January 23, 2012

A Special Future

This is awkward for me to write about.

It's Hebrews 2:5-11 (go get your Bible and read that).
I don't know why it's embarrassing for me.

It says that we have been made a little lower than the angels.
(Yeah, the only people to whom I might have to say "fear not" to are my kids when I'm having a bad day).

But it goes on to say that "we do not see everything that is subject to them."  Later in verse 11 it says,  "he (Jesus) is not ashamed to call us his brothers and sisters".

It seems that the writer of Hebrews is letting us know that at some point God will have us doing something...somewhere....

That seems weird to me because I don't know that I'm up to the challenge.
But at the same time, it's kind of Narniaish.  And I've always hoped that Narnia was a very real place.

I'd like to be a queen in Narnia.

Maybe that is the sort of thing God has planned for those who love him.

But it seems lofty to me and more than I'm ready for.

But I also think of this:

C.S. Lewis wrote:
I find in myself desires
that this world cannot satisfy.
The only logical conclusion is that
I was made for another world. 


I think God has good things on the other side...and I for one am excited to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment