Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30, 2011

Today I began reading the book of Philippians.

A guy named Paul wrote it.

Some people call him Saint Paul.

I like to think of him as Paul my Man.

He is responsible for most of the New Testament.

Before he wrote it, before he became a Christian, do you know what he did?

Was he a lawyer?
No.

Was he a traveling merchant?
No.

Was he a barista?
Definitely not...but it would be fun if he made a mean latte on top of being the author of most of the New Testament.

Do you give up?

He went around the Roman Empire and killed Christians.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

So, kind of public enemy number one if you were a follower of Christ.
I would have avoided him like the plague and there was no chance he was getting near my children.
Oh no.

But do you know what?

Jesus got a hold of him.  If you want you can read that fantastic story in the book of Acts (not written by Paul, but by a guy named Luke).

Yes, Jesus got a hold of him and he realized he needed forgiveness.

Kind of a "duh" moment if you're going around killing innocent people, but the funny thing is that while Paul was killing and jailing Christians he thought he was doing a good thing and that God was pleased with him.

Here is the good thing I read today.

"He (God) who began a good work in you carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." 

He certainly began a good work in Paul right?

Paul went from Christian hunter, to Christian finder and converter.
And then he wrote the New Testament.

And now he's in heaven with Jesus.

So it gives me hope that Jesus won't give up working on me.  If I could impact the world even a millionth of how Paul did, well, I think that would be a very great thing.

Maybe that's why I write...

No comments:

Post a Comment