Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27, 2011

I sat down to read the Bible today.

It's been a few days since I did that.

Do you know what jumped off the page?

What jumped off the page was this: if you have asked Jesus into your heart you are not just his child, not even just his loved child, but you are his dearly loved child.

I dearly love my children.  I agonize over doing the very best things for them.

Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail.

It follows reason that if God is perfect, AND he dearly loves us, that he must dearly love us perfectly.

Wow.

That puts hard times into perspective.  God won't let anything happen to us that he can't do something good and loving with.

That means that bad stuff can be put to work for good.

"God works in all things for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose."
That's in a book called Romans in the eighth chapter.

There's a lot of good in this world.
There's also a lot of bad in this world.

I'm glad that I am dearly loved perfectly so that the good and the bad can all have some sort of purpose.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment