Thursday, March 8, 2012

He Gave Me Flowers!!!!!



I have been praying a lot lately about my future and my dreams.

Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.

I have been worried that maybe God has forgotten about the desires of my heart.  Things I want, but don't really need.  Things I hope for beyond all hope.

I I I I I I I

You might see where I am going with all this.
I can be self obsessed.  Maybe some of you can relate.
  But guess what happened today?

I was at the supermarket with four kids stocking up and enjoying the whole thing quite a bit.

Then, I saw them.

FLOWERS!!!!!!

They were particularly beautiful, and I really wanted to buy a bunch for myself.  This is rare for me, I can pass up flowers almost any day of the year, but today, my heart just yearned for some.

It's almost spring, but not quite...and a bunch of flowers would just brighten up my house until the real deal of spring got here.

So do you know what I did?

Nothing.  I was responsible; knowing that we are low on cash and doing are best not to waste money.

So, I passed up those pretty things and just bought our groceries.

The day went on and THEN guess what?

My friend came to visit me and what did she have in her hand?  The very flowers I had been looking at.
Now mind you, she has NEVER brought me flowers before.  Never, ever, ever.

But today she did. 

And do you now what else?

God really gave me those flowers because he wanted me to know something.
And he wants you to know it too.

He knows your thoughts and the deepest desires of your heart.  He sees them and does not forget them.  He cares about the dreams you think will never come true.  He passionately wants you to know he loves you.  And he might even bring you flowers.  He brought me some just today.

"How amazing are your thoughts concerning me.  How vast the sum of them.  Were I to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand."
Psalm 139:17 and 18

How did King David know that about God?  

Well, he did.  And now I know it too.  

Thanks for bringing me flowers God.  I know you haven't forgotten me.

He has not forgotten you either.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Amy. A reminder I frequently need - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome ! I was just pondering the thought of God knowing the desires of our heart the other day :) Thanks for the reminder that he DOES know . Cool story !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've moved my following status to this blog from another you no longer post on.
    I invite you to follow me back if you wish.

    ReplyDelete